Re: Looking for postgres equivalent of mysqlimport - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From M. Bastin
Subject Re: Looking for postgres equivalent of mysqlimport
Date
List pgsql-novice
At 12:31 PM -0400 9/17/04, Sean Davis wrote:
>Marc,
>
>That seemed to get most of the way (setting to NULL).  However, it
>seems that does not work for integer columns?  I'm still getting an
>error:
>
>ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: "NULL"
>CONTEXT:  COPY cgap_lib,line 1, column clones: "NULL"

Your text columns will probably have imported the text "NULL."

 From http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/sql-copy.html

"null string

  The string that represents a null value. The default is  \N
(backslash-N). You might prefer an empty string, for example."

You can choose your own null string with:
   [ NULL [ AS ] 'null string' ] ]

Marc